Friday, December 16, 2016

Dr. Grumpy's gift guide

With the end of the year coming, we all know what that means: hanging out with friends, eating enormous amounts of food, and watching football. Those bowl games are right around the corner.

Of course, these are your friends coming over, so you want the best for game day: Beer, chips, and uh, I guess more beer.

But are your friends the discerning type who insist on high quality? The kind of connoisseurs who prefer Keystone beer to Budweiser? The epicurean master foodies who, after 4-5 cans of shitty reasonably priced brews will know the difference between Tostitos, Doritos, and the generic store-brand?

If so, then you need to serve them something truly special!




For only $56 you can get a delectable box of St. Erik's chips, made by the Swedish brewery.

Yeah, I said $56 bucks.

Featuring ingredients like truffle seaweed, Ammarnäs potatoes, Matsutake mushrooms, crown dill, and Leksand onions, these are the chips that are guaranteed to turn your beer-swilling gathering of buddies into an Edwardian soirée that will be talked about for years.

In case I didn't mention it, what you see above is exactly what you get: each $56 box contains only 5 chips, one in each flavor.

Yep. You read that correctly.

So this works out to $11.20 per chip. Plan accordingly as to how many boxes you'll need.

18 comments:

Splodgenessabounds said...

On second thought, just make that two pints of lager.

Bob Dylan said...

Maybe I should have gone to Sweden after all.

Anonymous said...

But are they really THAT much better than Lay's truffle seaweed chips?

R_Rees said...

You're friends don't just deserve chips, they need nachos. And at €1000/kg this cheese will be a perfect addition to make the most amazing Trumpian nachos going http://www.worldrecordacademy.com/food/most_expensive_cheese_Donkey_cheese_sets_world_record_113134.html

Anonymous said...

Are the tweezers included?

Anonymous said...

Where do you find this stuff? Being a doctor I know you are very busy and don't have that much time to search the internet for strange/interesting stories. Or maybe you get them from your teenagers?

Anonymous said...

But are the artisanal?

Anonymous said...

All income generated from the sale of these chips will be donated to charity, per the note on the bottom of their website.

Jono said...

Does that include shipping?

Mage said...

We think not. LOL

Anonymous said...

Believe or not, they are SOLD OUT! There is sthg seriously wron with people....just saying

Shash said...

Now that's an insane money-suck. I'll take a pet rock please.

Martin Shkreli said...

I can't wait to serve these to all my friends at my Super Bowl party. Which means that I'm eating them all myself! Yay!

Anonymous said...

I thought LegalAlien above said "super expensive" DOLPHIN cheese! Gag~at same time Im'm thinking holy shit- how complicated milking a dolphin would be. How many times do have to pull that off to have adequate quantity??
No wait, it s donkey cheese. Just as gagable~ but easier to milk that beast- I spose? ewww.
~LOL
~ and yes- time to zzzz. Tired eyes are misreading eyes!
~Jeryk

Heidi said...

As tempted as I am to order these (not), I'm bothered by the fact that, when planning these exclusive chip treats, they used the Pringle shape as their model.

I am also bothered by the fact that I found a typo in one of their chip descriptions.

As a result, I decline to flush perfectly good money for substandard chips.

*typed in the snootiest manner possible

Annchen said...

Apparently they kind of sucked taste wise... Makes me a bit embarassed to be from Sweden...

Anonymous said...

They may be sold out, but at least we still have these:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=293272557

Ironbadger said...

I think they were trying to disprove the statement "Can't eat just one!"...

-Badger-

 
Locations of visitors to this page