Thursday, July 21, 2016

Winning bid

Dr. Grumpy: "How's the diet going?"

Mrs. Atkins: "It's on hold. I ordered that diet book you suggested, but the person I bought it from on eBay screwed up."

Dr. Grumpy: "What happened?"

Mrs. Atkins: "They sent me this instead. I'm actually going to the post office to mail it back later."


She reached into her bag, took out a book, and held it up. It was called "Working with a Transsexual: A Guide for Coworkers."


Dr. Grumpy: "That's definitely not the diet book I recommended."

Mrs. Atkins: "No. And you just know someone out there was hoping to get this book to help them at work, and is instead staring at my diet book."

11 comments:

Packer said...

Given recent events I am sure It is a NY Times Best Seller List contender.

Anonymous said...

This begs the question: are there guidebooks for working with homo- and bi-sexual coworkers as well? Especially ones on diets?

Heather said...

What we really need is a guide for working with an artisanal coworker.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I need the guide for working with the dieting co-worker...

"I can't have a lunch like that, do you know how many points that would be???" --'No, but I get 2 points if I can get your expensive microwaved meal in the trash w/o hitting the sides.'

MBee

mostly cajun said...

When nobody's looking, leave the book in the breakroom. Nobody will say anything, but it will be food for thought forever after.

MC

stacey said...

Perhaps the book was meant for transsexuals who want to know how to deal with trans fats?

ronstew said...

The stories with the reasonable patients are among Grumpy's funniest.

Amy said...

mostly cajun, that is a fabulous idea!

Shash said...

Ronstew, I'm with you. She sounds like a relatively sane patient; she even put herself in the other recipient's shoes. Sane people ususally tell good tales.

bobbie said...

Ronstew ~ Amen!

Anonymous said...

At last an intelligent, witty patient! Keep that one!

 
Locations of visitors to this page