Saturday, May 31, 2014

Random weekend pictures

Okay, time to hit the mailbag for images you guys have sent in.


First, we have this delectable name for an alcoholic beverage:


If you can't make out the back bumper, it looks like "Drink Responsibly. Don't be an ass."



Next we have this name for a WiFi network:



The person who sent it in says she was on a street between a hardware store a nursing home. I'm not going to even try to guess.



Then there's this ad. Given the common slang definition of "dump" it doesn't sound like ANYTHING I'd ever want to eat, no matter what's really in it.


"I am NOT baking anything I just dumped."

Next, we have this strange command seen at a retail store:


"I'm tired of all this sex on TV. I keep falling off."



Mrs. Grumpy had me stop at Chipotle recently to pick up dinner, and I got this receipt:


Unfortunately, being a medical person, I erroneously read it as "Our guaiac rocks" and was (briefly) pretty horrified wondering what they're doing with guaiac in a restaurant.

7 comments:

cliffintokyo said...

Perhaps the tequila & chipotle people should get together. They could name their business 'Piss & Guac Ass'

WarmSocks said...

Dump cake: Open a can of pie filling and dump contents into a pan, then open a boxed cake mix and dump the powder on top of the pie filling. Bake. Not much more appetizing than your interpretation.

Jedi Master Ivyan said...

@ WarmSocks, that's because you forgot the butter! And it's two can's of pie filling, topped with box of cake mix, dotted with half a cup of butter. Bake at 350* until golden and bubbly. :)

Anonymous said...

Why is the first one surprising? Try finding wifi on any university campus, a quarter of the networks have "sluts" or "bitches" in their names.

Moose said...

A dump cake is a cobbler, more or less. Instead of using fresh ingredients and homemade cake, it's generally made with mixes and canned crap.

See, this is what happened to our generation. When only the girls have to take cooking classes, the boys miss out on the tasty part of culture.

Anonymous said...

Did I drink Donkey Piss?
I know I was in TJ
I remember being in a bar
Was that what the barkeep said?
Finest Tequila ever
But the flavor
Was lacking
I started puking
That's all I know
Can you stitch my forehead?

ladydyani said...

A dump cake is called a dump cake because you dump all the ingredients together and mix them, instead of mixing the dry in one bowl, then creaming the butter and sugar in another, then adding the eggs, then adding blah blah blah. I've got a recipe for dump cake from the 1930s. No box mixes used.

 
Locations of visitors to this page