Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend reruns

I had a busy day at the office, so didn't get a chance to return calls until I got home. I had to call a 20-something patient to give her (normal) MRI results. Here was the conversation:

Miss Suzy Singlefemale: "Hello?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Hi Suzy, This is Ibee Grumpy."

Miss Singlefemale: "Oh! I am SO glad you called. I've been meaning to call you back, but I've been sick for 2 days, and have been running errands, but I didn't want you to think I was blowing you off. I had the most INCREDIBLE time with you on Saturday night!"

I was speechless. Finally I said:

Dr. Grumpy: "Uh, I just called to discuss your MRI results."

LONG pause.

Miss Singlefemale: "Is this Dr. Grumpy? Oh, I thought you were someone else. How
are you this evening?"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic :)

Segments of Life said...

Maybe she did have an incredible time with you on Saturday.

bobbie said...

Hot date, eh?

Debbie said...

Hey Grumpy--you still got it!!!

jimbo26 said...

What HAVE you been up to ? ;-)

Moose said...

I heard somewhere that you give good imaging.

watercolordaisy said...

Ahahhahhaaaaaaaaaa!!! Sounds like my freshman college roommate who would meet guys at frat houses, go out with them that night and have NO idea what their name was. I'd have to screen all her calls asking, "May I tell her who is calling?" so she'd know his name. ha.

Morris said...

LMAO @ Moose...

bobbie said...

Ditto Morris ~

lovinmyjob said...

That is awesome! I always say, patients tell us soooo much about their personal life by mistake. All we have to do is be quiet and let them talk.

 
Locations of visitors to this page