Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mary, bring me a gavel

Dr. Grumpy: "So when did this start?"

Mrs. Tia: "Well, we were at dinner, and I'd just started some chocolate pudding, when suddenly I had trouble talking and..."

Ms. Daughter: "Mom, you were having tapioca pudding."

Mrs. Tia: "No, it was chocolate. I hate tapioca pudding."

Ms. Daughter: "No, I'm the one who hates tapioca. It makes me sick that you order it."

Mrs. Tia: "I wouldn't have ordered it because I can't stand it. That's why I got chocolate."

Ms. Daughter: "Maybe you should consider a restaurant with better desserts."

Mrs. Tia: "Maybe you should think about why Robert left you."

Ms. Daughter: "I didn't bring you here to fight with you."

Mrs. Tia: "Could have fooled me."

Ms. Daughter: "I hate all kinds of pudding, anyway."

19 comments:

Julie said...

you need to introduce a 'no relatives' policy :)

Azmomo2andcounting said...

This sounds like a debate for Mr. Cosby to handle.

Anonymous said...

driver stop the bus I have reached my stop and need to get off, or feed them both chocolate pudding in the hope they both stop talking

Francine said...

.........lol wow.....

Anonymous said...

>'Mrs. Tia: "Maybe you should think about why Robert left you."'

People actually say that in real life? Though it was just a sitcom thing.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

My life IS a sitcom.

Anonymous said...

counselor/neurologist. Have Mary bill them for both. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL the proof is in the pudding. People are nutjobs.

Anonymous said...

"My life IS a sitcom."

you lucky bastard!

Dr. House of Pathology said...

This is in large part why I chose pathology!

Whelk Lad! said...

"Besides, Robert left YOU first."

Anonymous said...

"So THAT'S why I could never get you to eat your meat!"

Anonymous said...

"Didn't we already settle the pudding issue yesterday at the tax accountant's office?"

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of doctors (nine in total that I see regularly) and they have shared stories with me, anonymously of course, and some have been "WAY OUT THERE," but the stuff you deal with, I just don't understand! Do you notice a trend......do the craziest patients all get referred from the same PCP group?? Maybe someone has a brain cell to pick with you! Because this shit is unreal. At some point does the humor get replaced by pure frustration?

Diana said...

On a serious note, my dad loved eating eggs almost every day for breakfast and one day my sister in law asked him if he wanted scrambled eggs. He looked at her like she had two heads and said he didn't eat eggs, didn't like them. Such is the nature of old age dementia/alzheimers. He's 92 - I forgive him anything!

Anonymous said...

On the bright side, Mrs. Tia doesn't seem to have trouble talking any more.

TheOtherElle said...

Wow. Doesn't sound to me like she was having any trouble talking!

Anonymous said...

So did you ever find out if it was chocolate or tapioca?

Mockingbird said...

Hey, what about strudel?
No arguments about strudel.

 
Locations of visitors to this page