Friday, March 5, 2010

Dear Dr. Staff,

Thank you for referring Miss Carpaltunnel for "an abnormal MRI" (at least that's what it said on your referral form). Unfortunately, your office didn't send a copy of the MRI report in advance.

Earlier today I called your staff, asking that you fax over her MRI results before the appointment. Your secretary said she'd do it immediately.

One hour later, we faxed over a release, and Mary called again. Your helpful staff said we'd have it soon.

90 minutes later I called again, and someone said she'd "get right on it."

So I was glad when a fax from your office finally showed up.

Unfortunately, it wasn't her MRI report.

It was her chlamydia test. And it was positive. But I didn't have that kind of interaction with her, I swear.




So, if you guys can find the brain MRI report, please send it over.

Thank you.

11 comments:

OMDG said...

LOL!!

I can't stand faxes. When is the medical world going to catch up with the rest of modernity??

Julie said...

lol - how frustrating ....

StudentDoc said...

Perhaps they're trying to stick you with the job of telling her...

The Good Cook said...

Wow. Multiple problems. Now why would a Dr. be testing for brain and ahem.. other areas?

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, that office is in severe violation if HIPAA huh? Now you'll never see your patient the same... LOL

Matt said...

Hmm wondering how she got carpal tunnel?...nah! lol

Li'l Azathoth said...

"Okay, I admit it! There is no MRI! There is no patient! I'm not even a doctor! My whole life is a lie! Damn you, Dr. Grumpy!"

bb said...

Well, I guess you know way more about your patient than you ever wanted to know.

Unknown said...

Now I'm not a doctor, but I am pretty sure that "positive for chlamydia" is an abnormal result for an MRI...

Anonymous said...

And if you had that much difficulty, can you imagine the frustration of a patient trying to get anything from that office?

ERP said...

Are you sure it was not an appointment for "vaginal tunnel syndrome"?

 
Locations of visitors to this page