Monday, December 29, 2008

Today's tip for patients

Okay, if you are trying to hide from the doctor, DON'T answer your phone.

Guy who's trying to hide from me, because a friend of his tipped me off that he'd had a seizure, and the patient is afraid I'll tell him to stop driving.

So I called the patient to find out what happened. He answered the phone. I said "Hello, Steve, this is Dr. Grumpy. What's going on?"

He said "hang on, Doc..." then hands the phone to his wife, who tells me he isn't there.

Sorry, Steve. You've been my patient for almost 10 years. I know your voice.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Haha! While this made me laugh it reminded me of my dad who drove until the day he went up on a curb and took out the neighbors fence and car. He swore he was ok to drive. It was devastating for him to lose his license though and was the beginning of the end for him so I can understand why Steve kept evading you.

 
Locations of visitors to this page